HEALTH BENEFITS OF NEGRO PEPPER (HWENTIA) TO HUMAN:
Scientific name; Xylopia aethiopica
English name; Grains of Selim
Chimba – Hausa
Eeru Alamo – Yoruba
Uda – Igbo
Hwentia – Fante /Twi
Copper, zinc, protein, camphene, manganese, Alkaloids, Diter penic, Limonene, Folic acid, Flavanoid, Vitamins: A, B1, B2, C and E.
1. Consumption of Negro pepper is good for fighting malaria due to its anti- malaria property.
2. Negro pepper has antimicrobial properties to combat against microbial invasion which destroy the body.
3. Consumption of negro pepper by newly born mothers is necessary to clear blood clots in the womb after delivery.
4. Nursing mothers should consume Negro pepper to boost their appetite and production of milk after child birth.
5. Consumption of Negro pepper by women who just delivered, helps to facilitate healing of wounds in the womb and recovery process.
6. Negro pepper is good for combating respiratory discomforts like Pneumonia, Bronchitis and Asthma.
7. The antioxidants properties in Negro pepper prevent and destroy the growth of cancer cells.
8. Consumption of Negro pepper is good for combating pathogens or organisms that cause syphilis.
9. Negro pepper has analgesic effect so its consumption is good to reduce general pain.
10. Negro pepper has antiinflammatory properties to combat Rheumatism.
11. Regular consumption of Negro pepper is healthy for treating gastric ulcer.
12. Regular consumption of Negro pepper boosts fertility.
13. Consumption of Negro pepper is good for the treatment of infectious ailments such as cough, flu and cold.
14. The antibacterial properties in Negro pepper is useful in the combat of toothache.
15. The antibacterial properties in Negro pepper help to kill bacteria in the stomach and intestine which cure dysentery.
16. Negro pepper is use as natural contraceptive to control spacing of children by boiling the seeds with only water , take the solution after sexual intercourse.
17. Regular consumption of Negro pepper promotes weight loss to ensure a healthy weight control.
18. The crushed seeds of Negro pepper is very effective in the treatment of boil , itches and skin eruption when applied
directly on the skin.
19. The extract from Negro pepper plants is used as insecticides to combat insect invasion.
20. Negro pepper is a preservative.